Whether this is your first or your third baby, caring for a newborn is one of the most challenging and most rewarding responsibilities you will ever have. As your postpartum doula, I am here to help you get started out on your best path. I will work with you in your home, day or night, to provide you with the physical, emotional, and practical support that you need to heal, rest, and focus on the joys of bonding with your baby and family with as little stress as possible.
What does DAYTIME SUPPORT include?
- Help with breast, bottle, & alternative or supplementary feeding methods
- Information and assistance building up your milk supply
- Hands-on instruction and assistance with infant care (bathing, diapering, swaddling, etc…)
- Connection to community professionals for parents experiencing symptoms of Postpartum Depression (PPD) or other emotional health concerns
- Help integrating the new baby into a family where there are older siblings
- Listening objectively & offering evidence based information to help you make the right choices for you and your family
- Offering you emotional & compassionate support as you work through any lingering emotions connected with your birth experience
- Creating aromatherapy products to assist in your physical and emotional recovery
- Fostering an open and judgement-free environment
- Preparation of nutritious meals and/or snacks for you or your family
- Light household chores such as organizing baby’s nursery, laundry, and general tidying
What does an OVERNIGHT VISIT look like?
Baby and I will camp out in the nursery while you (& your partner) allow yourselves to rest more fully knowing that baby is in capable and caring arms. When baby needs to feed, I will bring him/her to you along with water, snacks, nursing pillows, bottles, or any other equipment/supplies that are needed. When baby is done feeding, we will head back to our nest for a change, a cuddle, and soothing back to sleep.
Postpartum doula services can be whatever you need them to be! I invite you to CONTACT ME now for your FREE initial consultation. I look forward to meeting with you as you continue your journey into parenthood.